View profile

Team Talk - how good teams work?

Team Talk - how good teams work?
By Grzegorz Gralak • Issue #1 • View online
Welcome to the first edition of Team Talk! Initially I’m planning to share all the best bits I found online. Over time I will try and systemise it a bit more.
Do you have any article about teams to share? Or quick feedback for me? I’m creating it for you so don’t even think twice and hit reply :)
Also I’m in the middle of writing a guide about software estimates. Planning Poker, T-Shirt sizing, time estimates or #noestimates movement. I want to create a very comprehensive piece so if you have an opinion about estimates just hit reply and let me know.
I did create a free tool for teams to help them with estimates (teamwide.com/estimate/) and I want to follow it up with guide.

The Art of Employee Feedback
 Asynchronous Communication
 Writing documentation for your team by Shubhro Saha
Heard on the internet
Twitter thread from Yehuda Katz about division between front and back in software development. Quite a few really good arguments there.
Yehuda Katz 🥨
This back and forth about microservices vs monoliths is hopelessly stuck in a backend-focused world.

What else should we expect? Front-end engineers are given the incredibly hard tasks of caring for the end user. In too many places, backend engineers still control everything.
Did you enjoy this issue?
Grzegorz Gralak

Team Talk, how software teams work?

In order to unsubscribe, click here.
If you were forwarded this newsletter and you like it, you can subscribe here.